Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I'm Back!

It's been a long while since I've posted!  Many things happened all at once...After moving house in October, the busy Holiday season and a winter spent setting up the new home, I feel like I've finally gotten back into a groove the last couple of months.  I'm working a lot, mostly on stained glass, but some signs as well.  I hope to start painting canvases again soon, too.


I am incredibly lucky that my new home is located on the CT wetlands, and I observe and photograph amazing things daily. I have always loved these areas for their eco-diversity, but little did I know I would be living here one day.  It has proved incredibly inspirational and I am so full of ideas and projects!  I want to celebrate this important part of our coastline by creating panels that highlight its unique beauty.  To that end, I've decided to make the Egret panel I did in 2014 the first in a series of CT wetland birds.  I am currently working on a Great Blue Heron, and hope to start an Osprey soon.  I use photographs I have taken of these amazing birds to create the patterns. There are so many different types of waterfowl here each season!  I will be kept busy for a while!  I also want to interpret the landscapes, too...both in glass and on canvas.

This is the photo I took of a Blue Heron that flew by my window every day for a week. I finally got him!  It served as the basis for the stained glass panel pattern.



And here are a couple of photos of the panel in progress, taken a month or so ago...it is farther along now and I will post an update soon.  The panel is roughly 29" x 17".









Stay tuned...much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment