Thursday, January 3, 2019

New Year, New Projects!

I have wanted to create an Osprey panel for years, as part of my ongoing Marsh Birds Series.  I purchased the perfect glass over 3 years ago at the Youghiogheny Glass factory and it has survived two house moves while never being used.
Today, I finally finished the pattern and I'm excited to get going!
Choosing a photo from which to make the pattern was tough...I am lucky enough to live where Osprey make their homes from March to November and I take many, many photos of them as they live their fascinating lives.  I chose another photo initially, a perched bird, but decided I wanted something more dynamic. This photo of an Osprey in full wing extension seemed on target.  I also wanted to make a long, narrow panel and this fit perfectly.







No comments:

Post a Comment