Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Grateful for cold days...

When it’s too cold to enjoy being outdoors, I feel better about being ‘stuck’ inside.  The last 2 days have been very productive because of the weather, although at first glance it seems like I should have more done. It takes a lot of time to foil each piece and solder them together though...something I usually don’t do until every single piece in the whole panel is cut and ground. I’m not sure why I decided to foil and solder the bird separately in this panel...maybe I couldn’t wait to see what it looked like!

After much deliberation,  I decided on the glasses for the trees,  but I still need to locate the right glass for the background. I want a clear, textured glass so the Osprey is the star of the show. But the glass I’m thinking of isn’t available any longer...at least not in large enough pieces. It was one of the many casualties of the Spectrum Glass factory closing.  It may take a while to hunt down the right glass but I’m hopeful! 





No comments:

Post a Comment