Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Portrait in glass

A talented painter friend of mine, who has commissioned other work from me in the past, wondered if I could do portrait of a dog in glass. His friend has recently lost their beloved pet, and he thought it would be a unique and meaningful way to memorialize her for them.
I had seen stained glass panels online of pets and other animals.  But I worried I wouldn't do the animal justice, or capture her look just right.

My friend sent me a photo and I made the pattern:



And this is panel I made:



A few days after they received the panel, I received a wonderful email from the owner of the dog.  She told me I had captured her beautifully, which made me feel great! I was so happy I had done a good job for them all. 

I would love to do others in the future. It was very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment